peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Have 9-3 aero 2008 going down highway lost power engine light

Customer Question

Have 9-3 aero 2008 going down highway lost power engine light gives a PO234 code ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Does not give any turbo boost has 64000 miles was running great till I accelerated from 65 and it did not want to go faster
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saab Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Code P0234 indicates a fault with the turbo charger over boost detected.This can be a fault due to a turbo boost sensor at fault sending an incorrect signal which can disable the turbo from operating like this here.I would have this checked/tested further to see if the fault can be located and then from there the fault repaired to correct this issue here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete