peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Saab 9.3: My gearbox malfunction is on on my 2003 dab is their

Customer Question

My gearbox malfunction is on on my 2003 dab is their a way to reset it
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. What has to be done from here is to have a scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers in your vehicle to read out what fault codes are set with this issue here.Once this has been done any codes set need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.Once this is done the codes are cleared out/erased with the scan tool to then turn off this malfunction light you see here.There are a large number of possible codes and faults that can set with this issue here so its difficult to pinpoint from here which is the cause for sure without knowing the code numbers set.This is why this has to be done to help locate and repair this issue.Ive seen shift and pressure control solenoids cause this issue here needing replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete