Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

Saab 9-3 Turbo X: Just bought 9-3, convertible motor purred

Customer Question

Just bought 9-3, convertible motor purred but hydraulic pump needed to be replaced. replaced it, then battery died. now no purring from convertible motor. all is dead. what else can I do or check? read disconnect neg on car battery (resets everything?) but that isn't working either.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your questionOk, I need to get the vin number so that I can pull the schematics for the motor so that I can walk you thru what needs to be checked and tested
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,Ok, the first step is to check the fuses. There are a total of 5 to check. Fuse #5 in maxi fuse box located by battery - see attachedFuses #7,#14,#21, and #23 in the driver side fuse box inside the cabin - see attached Check these and replace any that are blown. If all are good, let me know and will go from there
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We checked all the fuses and the sid. Ohm meter checked the fuses behind battery compartment. Checked hydraulic fluid levels.
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,Ok, have you checked the relays at the hydraulic unit behind the rear seat for power to them and out of them to the motor