rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a saab 9-3 2006 2.0 T. when I press the "lock"

Customer Question

Hello. I have a saab 9-3 2006 2.0 T. when I press the "lock" button on the door or on my key fob, only two of the doors lock or unlock (driver's doo and rear pass door).
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Only add is that first one door went, then the second, several weeks apart.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Saab Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I can think of...
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saab Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Saab
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confidentwe can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skilllevel. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies toget to satisfactory results. Please be patient!I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. It's possible that the actuators are bad on the ones that do not work. You first need to check them for power and ground, and if that is good, then the actuators are bad.Thanks, Ron