Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Saab 9.3: Is it possible to reprogram my saab key myself?

Customer Question

Is it possible to reprogram my saab key myself?
Category: Saab
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi Carrie, My name is***** it requires dealer software for programming.To add new keys, or to delete old keys, a Saab technician(Dealer or Independent Specialist)with a Tech 2 device must re-program the TWICE module. The owner cannot do this, nor can a mechanic with a generic “code scanner”. Only someone with a Tech 2.In order to do this, the owner must bring the car and all keys and remotes to the technician. Thetechnician will start the programming process, and program each transponder and each remoteto the car.NOTE 1:YOU MUST HAVE ALL KEYS& REMOTESTHAT YOU WISH TOOPERATE THE CAR, ORWORK THE DOORS &TRUNK WITH YOU ANY TIMEYOU PROGRAM KEYS&REMOTES TO THE CAR. ANY KEY/REMOTENOTPRESENT WILL NO LONGER START THE CAR OR OPEN THE DOORS.NOTE 2: THERE MUST BE ONE KEY ALREADY PROGRAMMED TO THE CARIN ORDER TO START THE KEY PROGRAMMING PROCESS.(Thanks to Anders (SWEDECAR) for reminding me to put this in.)You cannot add or deletejust one key or remote. You must do them all at the same time, anytime you need to add or delete keys and remotes.
Click this link for full information on this. Please remember to rate my service as that is how the site credits the experts for their time on the site.Key Programming
Hi Carrie, Did you get this resolved?