Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

Bob Have a 2004 Saab 9 3 arc convertible, and the drivers power

Customer Question

Bob Have a 2004 Saab 9 3 arc convertible, and the drivers power window won't go down with the door switch, motor and regulator good. goes down and up when the top is put down. Put in a new switch in LF door , but still won't work.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I tested the window motor by unplugging the 4 wires on the switch, green, red, white, and black. Red is power, if I jumper black to green and red to white, the window goes down, reverse the jumpers it goes up, so motor and regulator good
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saab Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Anytime you do any work on the windows you need to do the relearn procedure. I have enclosed in in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. Try this procedure and see if it will solve the problem.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ron, I tried to do the relearn procedure, but the problem is the left front window will not go down or up with the switch. The other three windows work OK. Possible broken wire between switch and module? I replaced the LF door switch assembly with a new one.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
You may be right, the common spot for the wire to break is in the door jam wiring from the door to the body. Pull the boot back on the drivers door and have a close look at the wires from the body to the door and see if there are any broken wires.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ron, I looked at the wires, I can't see any visible signs, do you know what color the wires are that control the LF door window, and where they go that I could run a continuity test. The wires on the motor are green and white.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ron, Could you get me a wiring diagram, so I could see where the modules are, color of the wires and where the wires go in the car?
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
I have enclosed the power window circuit as well as the convertible top in the links below. Have a look and see if this will help you determine the cause.