Mark N
Mark N, Saab Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience on all models of Saabs!
22700663

1999 9-5 3.0 my wife pulled into a store, came back out and

Customer Question

1999 9-5 3.0 my wife pulled into a store, came back out and the car wouldn't start. Jump started it and it ran horrible the 1 mile home. It almost died 3times. Then wouldn't crank again. Changed battery and cranks over really hard barely run and sounded like it was trying to backfire into the intake.checked timing belt, it's fine. Any suggestions?
Category: Saab
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 10 months ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.sounds like Fuel relatedYou need to check Fuel PressureIs the Check Engine Light On?.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No check engine light
I would start with Fuel Pressure, as it could be Fuel Filter or Pump