Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

My name is ***** ***** and my daughter got the" Steering

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and my daughter got the " Steering Lock Malfunction - Make a Safe Stop" Message - she says she cannot start the car - any ideas
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She has a 2009 Saab 9-3 and came out yesterday to start the car and said that message appeared and she is not able to start the engine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saab Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having with the Steering Lock Malfunction can be caused by any of the following,

• Defective Column Integration Module
  • Defective Ignition Key(s)
  • Defective Ignition Switch Module
  • Defective Steering Column Lock Module

In order to determine which one is failing you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Igntion%20Lock%20Mar%2024.pdf