peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

I purchased a 2001 9-3. I have a Tech 2 with Saab 148.bin

Customer Question

I purchased a 2001 9-3. I have a Tech 2 with Saab 148.bin loaded and shows imoblizer code 1460. I have keys etc for the car. I reprogram the module and I erase the code. car cranks fires for a couple of seconds and no more. code is back.
do I really need to replace the TWICE module or is there a method to reset it?
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately when the TWICE module fails here (which can be common) it has to be replaced to correct this fault here.Saab is well known for the security faults it had and the components needed when it did fail to correct this issue here.I dont show or recall a procedure on resetting this here and suspect it is faulty needing replaced unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete