sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

SAAB 2007 9-3 Recently my car has been having a rough idle

Customer Question

Hello -
SAAB 2007 9-3
Recently my car has been having a rough idle and stalling on start up. It has been getting worse and I need it fixed ASAP for a long trip coming up. I cannot have this thing die on me while I'm 300 miles from home =(
At stop lights the car will have a rough idle while in park and reverse. While in neutral, nothing. As soon as I accelerate, it goes away but does have a lack of power if I really push the pedal. Once I am in 3rd/4th gear, the car feels normal with no issues. If I am on the highway and slow down then need to accelerate, it goes back to losing power BUT if I change over to manual and downshift, car gains power and goes back to normal.
The engines gives no codes whatsoever
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello -SAAB 2007 9-3Recently my car has been having a rough idle and stalling on start up. It has been getting worse and I need it fixed ASAP for a long trip coming up. I cannot have this thing die on me while I'm 300 miles from home =(At stop lights the car will have a rough idle while in park and reverse. While in neutral, nothing. As soon as I accelerate, it goes away but does have a lack of power if I really push the pedal. Once I am in 3rd/4th gear, the car feels normal with no issues. If I am on the highway and slow down then need to accelerate, it goes back to losing power BUT if I change over to manual and downshift, car gains power and goes back to normal.Here's what I have done so far:1. Changed the spark plugs twice. Once with cheap ones, the second time with expensive ones. I also swapped out the boots.2. Cleaned the MAP sensor3. Cleaned instake sensor4. Replaced air filter5. Changed oil6 New batteryThe engines gives no codes whatsoever and I have taken it to a couple places and their readers don't see any codes. My SAAB has a built in fuel filter and this cannot be replaced unless you replaced the whole pump (to my understanding). I plan on buying some Seafoam today and see if that helps. Also, I have been told to clean my air intake valve but I cannot get the damn tube off! I feel that if I yank and pull on it, it's going to damage the tube. I am not seeing any obvious leaks anywhere. One thing that is weird about my car, since I have bought it used a few years ago, my headlights/tail lights/blinkers go bad QUICKLY! Would this point to anything?Any help?Thanks
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that could bge causing your problem. If you're also having a lack of power as well as the rough idle yet there are no codes setting then an exhaust restriction or low fuel pressure may be the cause. Either of these can cause a lack of power under higher RPM's and would often happen without setting a code.

Has fuel pressure been tested under a load?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello -This morning the engine light started flashing. It has never done this before. I took it to Autozone right away and the code isP0302 Cylinder 2 misfire.

What was the condition of the number 2 spark plug when it was removed?