rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2000 Saab 9-5. I have a trouble code that comes up,

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Saab 9-5. I have a trouble code that comes up, P0753. It says it's "Shift Solenoid A Electrical". I have searched the internet and can't find any information on it (where it is located, how to change). Do you have any info?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Saab. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I am.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing I'm trying to find info on it
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Saab?
Customer: I just changed the subframe bushings and this happened on the test drive immediately following.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Saab
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

It's inside the transmission, so the pan needs to be dropped to access it. Before replacing it though, you should have the full circuit diagnosed to be sure it's the solenoid and not a wiring or computer problem.

Thanks, Ron