Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Several days ago I went to local shop to get trans fluid

Customer Question

several days ago I went to local shop to get trans fluid exchanged. to get at the filler tube, battery case and battery had to be removed. when everything was put back together, key would not turn in ignition. dic read"steering lock malfunction, pull over safely" we have tried several disconnect/reconnect to to avail
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Saab Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i don't believe it is a battery problem
JA: Is there anything else the Saab Mechanic should be aware of about your Saab?
Customer: it is a 2008 9.5 with 2.8 turbo and 6 speed automatic trans
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saab Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: we are unable to scan because of key not turning in ignition
Category: Saab
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, you need to pull the ignition switch and check for loose wiring at the harness connector to the ignition switch. This is very common issue on this vehicle.