peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My Saab 9-5 air conditioning will work fine, then

Customer Question

My Saab 9-5 air conditioning will work fine, then unexpectedly starts blowing warm air. If I restart the car, it starts blowing cold again immediately.
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The AC compressor and clutch were recently replaced. Radiator fan confirmed working, but not sure if there's a low speed resistor on this year/model that might be faulty.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The issue occurred before the AC compressor was replaced. Compressor was replaced due to bad clutch.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have also taken it to an AC specialist already, who was unable to replicate the symptom, which usually happens while I'm driving the car to work.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would have the freon checked to see if this is a low freon issue here or an over charged freon issue as this will cause this fault here.This would be the first thing to check here.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete