peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Hazard lights will not stop flashing/ car wont start, first

Customer Question

hazard lights will not stop flashing/ car wont start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Saab. The Saab Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: first the alarm would go off at various times then I pulled the siren fuse, a few days later the hazard lights started flashing and will not start while they are flashing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I pulled the security alarm off that's is under the drivers side fender whell
JA: Is there anything else the Saab Mechanic should be aware of about your Saab?
Customer: the driver side door lock is stuck in open
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saab Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try locking and unlocking the vehicle with the key itself or remote then see if the lights stop flashing and see if the vehicle then starts.In some cases this works here.I have seen the alarm control module fail on some saab models before in the past needing replaced.If you can post the year and model of your vehicle this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
its a saab 2001 95, unlocking and locking doesn't work, the drivers side door will not lock manually or by remote control

I apologize for the delay.

Try locking and unlocking the vehicle with the key/remote or key blade and see if this corrects the fault here.In some cases the computer may need to see the lock and unlock signals to turn off the alarm to correct this fault.If this was already attempted with no success let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete