peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My name's ***** *****. My issue is regarding connecting a

Customer Question

Hi Tom, my name's ***** *****. My issue is regarding connecting a bluetooth phone to my Saab 9-3
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, the car is a 2011 9-3 convertible. I used to be able to use both my phone and my wife's with the bluetooth hands free kit. But just recently it's stopped working. I assumed I'd just have to re-pair the phones, but I can't access the "Setup" menu to do this. Any ideas?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saab Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are unable to access the set up menu anymore to pair the phones this can be caused by an internal electrical fault in the radio/control head itself.I have seen this fail before in the past needing either removed and repaired by an authorized repair center or removed and replaced.I would start with having the fault codes checked/read out using a scan tool or computer compatible with your model plugged into your model to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
By the time you'd sent me your answer I'd fixed it myself. The fix was to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes to reset the radio/control system itself. When I reconnected the battery the menu option was accessible and both the previously paired phones were listed.

That is great to hear it has been resolved.I once again do apologize for the delay and posted when I saw your question myself.

Thanks Pete