Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

9-5 aero std stg3 car was fine till I wound up in 1st after

Customer Question

9-5 aero std stg3 car was fine till I wound up in 1st after which car was and is undrivable. Changed plugs ran fine 1min than skipped boost gage on dash reading high have changed every thing put back original Ecm changed all sensors except air mass sensor. No change runs ritch all plugs black (carbon up). Can timing chain hop? HELP. Steve
Category: Saab
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Yes the timing can jump and cause the engine to run poorly. If you are able can you scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting, in most cases if cam timing is off you will get a fault code and or codes to go with it. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there.