peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

1997 Saab 900 2.0l turbo. Is there anyway to test a DI

Customer Question

1997 Saab 900 2.0l turbo. Is there anyway to test a DI cassette (red) to see if it is operating correctly?
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases you can test the power and ground signals to it and may be able to test any other ignition signals to it to verify these are present and if they are all found to be o.k. this usually indicates the cassette itself is at fault needing replaced.It may also take an oscilliscope to test it further.If you need info on testing the powers or grounds let me know and I will see what I can come up with here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete