Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I keep getting a "torque limitation signal low (P1300)"

Customer Question

I keep getting a "torque limitation signal low (P1300)" error code on my 2003 Saab 9-3 SE Convertible. Replaced the DIC six months ago with aftermarket unit because of misfire codes. CEL also flashes when I accelerate into the "yellow range" on the turbo guage. When I put the old DIC back in the P1300 code disappears, but then I'm back to the misfire codes. Replaced spark plugs with genuine OEM plugs. Replaced any suspiciuos vacuum lines. The car runs fine, just irratating to see CEL all the time. Wondering is the problem is the aftermarket DIC. Any thiughts?
Category: Saab
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The code P1300 can be set due to any of the following,

• Sticking Boost Control Solenoid (BCS)
  • Leaking Boost Control Solenoid (BCS) Vacuum Lines
  • Boost Leak

In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Boost%20Jan%2026.pdf

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Replaced boost control valve, still gives error code. I haven't checked all of the vacuum lines leading to it. Will do that next and see what happens.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Yes please do and let me know. Im here all day.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think this is what you are talking about in terms of boost control solenoid, right?
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Yes thats correct

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, I'll check each line and let you know.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Sounds good. Good luck

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Checked all vacuum lines to boost valve. They all look good. Sprayed W-D on them looking for bubbles and there was no change in engine RPM. MAF sensor looked clean and unobstructed. Did find something that didn't look right. One of the vacuum lines that connects to the boost valve through a T that leads to the throttle body has two check valves (PCV) that have flow indicators pointing in the opposite direction. Doesn't look right to me. See pics.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Waiting for a response from someone regarding my last question. Is there anyone out there?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Still waiting for a response to my question. It has been 4 days.