rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Where is the ACC cabin air temp sensor located in a 1986

Customer Question

Where is the ACC cabin air temp sensor located in a 1986 Saab 900s?
Something is making a very high pitched noise around the dash.
Category: Saab
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

My database shows it to be under the dash pad on the driver's side. midway from front to rear.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't seem to find it.
I'll keep looking.The real question is:
There is a vary high pitch noise in the car.I've pulled fuses.It sounds like a high noise coming from a light or a fan.
My Saab mechanic can't even figure it out.Any ideas?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Yeah, there's a lot of things under there. If you can isolate the noise a bit closer for me, that would help.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does a 86 Saab even have a cabin temp sensor?
It seems to me that's what it would be. Could it be anywhere else?
Underneath the driver side speeker?It's just a very high pitch coming from the front of the cabin. Can't pinpoint it. Driving me a bit crazy.
What else in your experience has made a almost dog wistle like noise in the cabin?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

As I stated earlier, I'm not at my database today to know that for sure, Maybe it's the speaker causing this noise? I haven't seen this issue before, that's why I'm thinking that the speaker may be sending an audible sound even if the radio isn't on. Try unplugging it . This isn't easy over the internet where I can't hear it myself. Sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found the sensor. Removed it. Still ringing. Sounds like it's coming from the dash. Almost like a dog whistle high-pitched noise when I'm traveling 45 or above.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Check under the hood too, if can be a bad bearing from anything being turned by the crankshaft. Sound can travel.

Please don't forget to rate me and keep this link for future reference.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Thanks