Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, Other
Experience:  I am an ASE Master Certified technician and vehicle repair specialist with over 16 years of Saab experience.
1627031

My key will not go in the ignition all the way so I can't

Customer Question

My key will not go in the ignition all the way so I can't turn it. Goes in far enough to get the beep but not all the way. Thinking because it has been freezing here for 2 days that there may be condensation in the ignition and itsee frozen. Any suggestions?
Category: Saab
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. Very low temperatures can cause this as the teeth in the ignition can freeze. Many people will heat the key slightly with a lighter and insert it. I would also recommend putting some WD40 in the key and inserting it as it can help loosen the teeth. If the problem persists and another key does not help then you may have a bad key lock cylinder. These do break all of the time. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already fixed it....thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't charge my card additionally.
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.

I am glad you got it fixed. If I can be of any further help please let me know. There should not be any further charges on your account. If you have time to rate my service I would appreciate that.