peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Hood latch appears to be broken. When I pull handle hood

Customer Question

Hood latch appears to be broken. When I pull handle hood doesn't pop open
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases the latch itself can corrode and bind and cause an issue like this here.If you can have someone press down on the hood or pull and press down back and forth while you try and release the hood with the handle or pliers pulling the cable.If it then releases check the cable connection at the latch for any issues needing resolved.If the cable and connections are all o.k. try lubricating the latch and see if this resolves the fault here.If this does not work let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete