Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2002 ARC 3.0l that alarms unexpectedly. I removed

Customer Question

I have a 2002 ARC 3.0l that alarms unexpectedly. I removed the anti-theft siren unit from the front left fenderwell, cut it open (sealed unit) and tested the batteries. They tested at 3v each. Since this is the battery rating, I reassembled the unit, cleaned the terminals, and reinstalled it. The next day my alarm siren went off again, at 1AM. Very Annoying. Could it be something else? Or should I replace the siren?
Category: Saab
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

It is rarely the siren. Most of the time it is the hood switch(see attached for location), or one of the door switches. Disconnect the hood switch and insert a jumper wire between the terminals on the harness side connector for the hood switch. If alarm no longer goes off randomly, replace the switch.

If still going off, then repeat at each door switch(see attached)

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks