350matt
350matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Here's the deal. I turned on my 2006 Saab 9 3 in the garage

Customer Question

Good morning! Here's the deal. I turned on my 2006 Saab 9 3 in the garage so it could warm up while im getting ready. After that I get in drive out of the garage and it turns off. So I try to turn it on again, stayed on for 3 seconds, turned off. Now all it does is when I turn the key to crank it, it sounds like it wants to start but it doesn't
Category: Saab
Expert:  350matt replied 11 months ago.

Hello

this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,

Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Im not a mechanic, but I don't mind getting my hands dirty. Do you recommend me do it myself?
Expert:  350matt replied 11 months ago.

Yes its not difficult to make some simple tests

try what you feel comfortable with and get back to me on this post

Expert:  350matt replied 11 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpfulplease rate my answer.