Mark N
Mark N, Saab Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience on all models of Saabs!
22700663

This is another problem on my daughter's 2002 saab 9-3.

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** this is another problem on my daughter's 2002 saab 9-3. The two front power windows have stopped working. I was able to take apart the door trim on the driver's side and disconnect the wiring to the window motor, and using a 9 volt
battery, I could get the driver's window to go up and down by switching the polarity of the battery in the circuit. So i know the window motor is good and the window operate uop/down freely (no broken rollers). I next too k apart the window controller switch
and cleaned and relubed the contacts, but that did not seem to do anything. I then bought a used used Window control switch assembly on ebay that was supposed to be good, but it also did not solve the problem. So i am stuck. I am wondering what to do next
to try to troubleshoot the problem of the front power windows not operating. Is there any way to switch the connections in the center console so that the rear switches (currently operating the rear windows up and down) to work for the front windows? Or is
there some other issue whcih I should be checking?
Category: Saab
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tim, sorry for the delay.

Can you check the brown wire with the gray stripe at the window controller switch and see if it has power with the key on and let me know please.