sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

, YES. I have a 2005 Saab 9 3 and the stability control

Customer Question

Customer: My name is Penny
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: YES. I have a 2005 Saab 9 3 and the stability control sensor light is on is stays on no matter what. I have had it to several mechanics and no one can find a problem.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Saab Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Will the answer show up on this page?
Expert:  Kevin replied 12 months ago.

Hi im kevin do you have the fault codes that are present when other garages plugged car in ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No, I don't but they all told me nothing came up. In all fairness, it is hard to find a Saab mechanic. :(
Expert:  Kevin replied 12 months ago.

Ok without codes im gonna struggle if light is on there will be codes il opt out another tech may be able to help

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

The light has come on because the ABS module has seen a failure that will prevent proper traction control operation and has set a fault code. There are literally dozens of possible causes including the ABS hydraulic control unit and pump motor, the ABS module itself, wiring, the brake switch, wheel speed sensors, the steering angle sensor and yaw sensor.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to see what fault codes are set and from there it will most likely require electrical testing to determine what the cause is. The reason the light is coming on is because fault codes are set and there's no question that codes are set. If they're telling you that no codes are set they likely don't have a scan tool capable of communication with the ABS module, otherwise it would be an extremely rare failure of the ABS module or instrument cluster turning the warning light on for no reason.