Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

It's An 06 9 3 Aero. After changing pass side entire

Customer Question

Hi it's An 06 9 3 Aero. After changing pass side entire headlight assembly, I get the "headlight leveling malfunction" error. I read a post about disconnecting bat and touching pos. Neg. Lines to reset. No luck. When key turns on, headlights light but looking on garage wall no leveling sequence like before. First says check OK, then error message.
Read on another post your saying sensors on lower control arms?
Category: Saab
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

If you did not adjust/aim the headlamp after replacement, this can cause the warning light and prevent the automatic leveling from functioning. If you did, then you need to recheck connections to the headlamp assembly for connectors being secured and no pinched wires. If ok, then I would recommend having it scanned for error codes to know where the issue lies.

If you need to directions in aiming the headlamp, let me know and I can upload them for you