Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30+ years experience. Former shop owner, service manager.
2947720

I Own a Saab 2008 9-3 Aero Sedan 2.8 liter xwd. Under hard

Customer Question

I Own a Saab 2008 9-3 Aero Sedan 2.8 liter xwd. Under hard acceleration the vehicle will "buck". There are no codes set and none of the idiot lights come on. Transmission is shifting smoothly. I was wondering if any Saab 9-3 XWD owner has experienced the same condition. The vehicle has 89,000 miles on it. It has fresh spark plugs, and the PCV, purge and other parts were replaced recently. My mileage per gallon is good about 24 on the highway.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Jerry replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel.

..

Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged.

.

.

If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

I can get the instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Checked catalytic converters no restriction, got a hold of a techII fuel pressure within spec. Fuel pump is in tank. Sorry for late reply put an AC blend door in same vehicle.
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

I see, thanks. Although the mechanical test for the fuel pressure is the best way to check it, and watch if it holds with the engine off, I wouldn't think that the problem is the PCM, (just yet) although it is always possible.

It sounds like a problem in the mass airflow sensor, (MAF), if there are no codes setting and the fuel and exhaust are good.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****