peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a saab viggen and when I put heat to 74 cool air

Customer Question

I have a saab viggen and when I put heat to 74 cool air comes out, put to 82 and hot air comes out. any idea's?
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your vehicle uses a sun sensor and interior temp sensors to determine how warm or cold to allow the air to be when it comes out of the vents,defrost or heater.If one of the interior temp sensors is sending an incorrect interior temp signal this can cause issues like this here.Usually set at 74 will blow cool air and can be normal as I have seen some models only really start to blow warm air around 78 and above so this may be normal operation on your model here.

If this is a new issue that wasnt present in the past before then I would have the temp sensors tested to see if one needs replaced.This will usually require a scan tool to test/check the temp sensor signals and some electrical test equipment to do the proper testing.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete