sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

1990 Saab 900 turbo. Has spark and fuel. Relays are fine.

Customer Question

1990 Saab 900 turbo. Has spark and fuel. Relays are fine. Won't start. Number 1 cylinder and 4 seem to work ok. All fuel injectors are good and have check their voltage which is ok. I replaced the slave cylinder and I think I turned the engine in the wrong direction during the process. Could there be a problem with the timing now?
Category: Saab
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you do have proper spark and fuel pressure and the engine doesn't start then the most likely causes would be improper cam timing, a restricted catalytic converter, or possibly an exhaust restriction. If the catalytic converter material breaks up the pieces can migrate around until the exhaust outlet is blocked.

Did the problem start not long after getting fuel?

Hve you taken a fuel sample?