Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

2000 9-5 Prestige audio system. No sound from speakers, no

Customer Question

2000 9-5 Prestige audio system. No sound from speakers, no lights on main unit, SID displays pre-set stations and appears to operate.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are sure the fuse are okay then check for power and ground at the connector on the unit , if you fine you have power and ground and it still not turn on then in most cases that usually means the unit has failed. See the wiring diagram in the link below for power and ground wiring,

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Audio%20wiring%20Nov%204.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ron,
Why would the SID continue to display preset stations if the main unit is bad? It looks like the main unit has two power supplies. Do you know what each one powers? Does it mean anything that the main unit lighting does not work?Thanks.***** *****
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Both power supply wire power the main unit, check and see if you have power on both wires. The unit can still be bad and lite up.