Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 2006 Saab 9-3 turns over but no start, I put a new crank

Customer Question

My 2006 Saab 9-3 turns over but no start, I put a new crank position sensor in, but still no start. I replaced the battery as well, but of course no start. I thought it may not be getting fuel so I went to the fuel railing stem, there is plenty of pressure and fuel. Need help I'm stranded.
Sidney
Category: Saab
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

When you say plenty of pressure, what is the exact fuel pressure - what can seem like plenty of pressure doesnt always translate into enough pressure for the vehicle to start.

Also, even with good fuel pressure, if there is no injector pulse signal from the computer, then the injectors dont fire.

If fuel pressure is correct and the injectors have pulse signal, then timing should be checked and secondary ignition tested.

I can help you with this, but you will need a fuel pressure gage, noid light set, and a voltmeter.