Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Saab 9.5 v6 2001 has heating and air condition problems.

Customer Question

Saab 9.5 v6 2001 has heating and air condition problems. Current get heat on drivers side only; A/C on neither side.
Had same problem several years back. Repair was expensive and didn't last long.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

The usual cause is either faulty temperature blend door actuator or control panel. I just need to know if yours has dual zone temperature controls, and whether it is manual or automatic(digital) climate controls

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT HAS DUAL CONTROLS.
It has manual climate controls.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

did these issues happen at same time, or over time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Over time
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, that indicates that both the temperature blend door actuators are faulty and will need to be replaced. I have uploaded the directions to replace both yourself, or have a friend replace them if you are not mechanically inclined

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks