Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Service Technician
Experience:  12 years Line Mechanic, Electronics, etc
1609972

I have a 2011 saab 9-3 turbo4 and I blew the fuse to my

Customer Question

I have a 2011 saab 9-3 turbo4 and I blew the fuse to my cigarette outlet that is located in the center console. Which fuse do I need to replace? Could you tell me where and what # ***** to replace? I don't have a clear diagram to go by. Again, it is the fuse in the center console...not the one in the front of the vehicle below the temperature controls.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
Shows to be Fuse 22 located in the Inside Fuse Panel Left side of dash at door opening
click Attachment below

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuse is not blown. Do I need to order a new cigarette outlet? If so...how and where do I order from? How much? Thanks for the quick response.

IF you cannot test for voltage + on "both sides", replace the fuse just in case
Fuses can "look good", but still be bad.
Prior to replacing Outlet, you need to probe the "center" of the Outlet with a Test Light or Volt Meter to be sure the Outlet is bad.
The "center" should show Voltage +
Be careful NOT to touch the inside "sides" with probe, as the sides are Ground -
Many times you can replace with Universal available at most Auto Parts Stores, but will need slight modification or:

http://www.jimellissaabparts.com/products/Cigarette-lighter/3232995/8574469.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAAB-12-499-682-LIGHTER-ASSEMBLY-NOS-OEM-/381141814566?hash=item58bdd28d26&vxp=mtr

.