sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Have a 2003 saab 9-5 arc, car died and we replaced the fuel

Customer Question

Have a 2003 saab 9-5 arc, car died and we replaced the fuel pump.. Car ran great for about 6 weeks, then yesterday, sputtered and died when driving it. Tried to start it up, just got sputtering like first time but not enough to start car. Any thoughts? Thanks
Category: Saab
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

You may have a new issue but it's possible that the problem is the replacement fuel pump. You may have a fuel quality issue, an ignition system problem or even improper cam timing but it's very possible the replacement fuel pump failed. I've seen countless issues with aftermarket fuel pumps and they often fail quickly. On one vehicle in particular I put four in it back to back without the truck leaving the shop.

Do you hear the pump run when the key is turned on?

Are you able to check fuel pressure?

Have you checked for fault codes?