peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have an '02 9-3 Convertible, and the check engine light

Customer Question

Hi. I have an '02 9-3 Convertible, and the check engine light keeps flashing under acceleration. When I stop, no light is on. It gives the code for a camshaft position sensor, but I just put in a new one! These are the codes:
P0340
P1300
P0300
Any ideas? I've replaced the camshaft position sensor, ignition cassette, new spark plugs and filter, and new air filter.
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the cam sensor wiring and connection for any electrical faults.If a wiring or connection issue is found it will need repaired to correct this here.If this is checked and found to be o.k. you may have a fault with the mechanical timing components causing the misfire and cam sensor code under acceleration as I have seen before.The timing would need checked to see if a mechanical fault is found needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.