peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Key not accepted". I swapped TWICE module and key chip from

Customer Question

Key not accepted". I swapped TWICE module and key chip from working parts car, did not help. What next? I now have ebay parts, including remote receiver module; where is it located? Haynes book for 1999 9-3 convertible is less than helpful. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the twice module wiring and connections for any damage or corrosion needing repaired or replaced to correct this here.In some cases corroded or damaged wiring will cause this fault and will need repaired to correct this issue.If this is or was checked and all found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No corrosion visible on contact surfaces at 40x. I removed and reinserted plug several times with no luck. Thanks Mike.

Is there any way you can get the fault codes checked/read out at all.This needs done using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.If this can be done this will help with diagnosing and locating the fault here.If not let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OBD II scan tool can be purchased locally. If you are referring to Tech II with Saab software, the local Saab/Volvo independent mechanic does not make house calls. At this point l am not ready to pay a tow service to bring the car to him. Ebay module/remote is from '99 with automatic; will this be a problem with my manual?Thanks, Mike
7

This may work but usually this needs installed new and programmed to the vehicle so there is a chance it does not work since it is a used component.

Thanks Pete