Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I have a 2006 9-3 Sport Combi with the V6. After changing

Customer Question

I have a 2006 9-3 Sport Combi with the V6. After changing the air filter, the car starts and then dies but if I depress the gas pedal while starting it'll keep running and then idle ok.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you did not have this problem before replacing the air filter then go back and make sure the air filter housing as well as the intake hose is properly sealing and that there where no other lines disconnected and or knocked loose during the install. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that very thing three times now. Same result.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any other ideas?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

One thing you should try is to disconnect the negative battery cable and then take some carb cleaner and a soft cloth and givce the throttle body a good cleaning, after doing so, reconnect the cable and start the engine and allow it to idle for 15 to 20 minutes to allow the computer to relearn the closed throttle values.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did that, Same thing happening.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Well then the next step would be t scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P0101
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The code P0101 inundates a performance problem with the MAF (mass air flow sensor) , have you tried cleaning the MAF with some MAF cleaner/