EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

I have a 93 saab in my garage. the battery is dead so I cant

Customer Question

Hi I have a 93 saab in my garage. the battery is dead so I cant start the car. The key will turn to the right but it will not turn all the way to the left so I can not remove the key (the key is not in great shape) I also can not get the car in neutral. gear shift will not move. any ideas?
Category: Saab
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. You need to hook up power to the car so the key can be removed. Use a charger on the battery, or jumper cables.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I get the car into neutral so that I can back the car out of the driveway and jump the battery?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

You need to remove the rubber mat in front of the shifter and there is a button to push with a screwdriver to allow the shift lever to move to neutral

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please remember to rate my service today and please ask any follow up questions you may have. Thanks.