Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

Turn off the ignition and remove key from saab 9.3. After a

Customer Question

turn off the ignition and remove key from saab 9.3. After a few seconds all windows and sunroof start to open.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I'll do a little more research, but one thing to try first might be resetting the pinch point on the windows. Has the batter been disconnected recently?

Here is the reset procedure for the pinch point:

1. Close the window. Close the sun roof.

2. Reset the pinch protection by removing and fitting fuse F5 from the Instrument Panel Electrical Center (IPEC). The pinch protection for both door modules is now reset and both front windows can be programmed.

3. Start the car.

4. Lower the window fully. Hold the button depressed during the entire operation.

5. Raise the window fully. Hold the button up during the entire operation. Wait for at least 1 second when the window is in the top position.

6. Lower the window fully. Hold the button depressed during the entire operation.

7. Raise the window fully. Hold the button up during the entire operation. Wait for at least 1 second when the window is in the top position.

8. When calibration has been completed, an audible confirmation is heard. In the event that there is no audible confirmation, repeat the procedure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Jared
I carried out your procedure. Some minutes after removing the key the windows and sun roof continued to open. Between removing the remote and the windows opening, sometimes a matter of minutes, there are some audible clicking sounds in the front passenger area. Any ideas?
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Saab does have what they call a comfort setting where it will roll down the windows and open the sunroof if you hold down the unlock button on the key fob. It's also supposed to roll them up when you hold the lock button. Maybe the unlock is stuck on your key fob. If you pull the battery out of the key fob so it doesn't send the command does it still do it?

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Hi David,

Any luck with the windows? I am eager to see if taking the key fob out of the equation made any difference.