350matt
350matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I have a 9.5 2001 station wagon. Am 80 years old and

Customer Question

I have a 9.5 2001 station wagon. Am 80 years old and accidentally put 10 gallons of diesel fuel in the gas tank. (the diesel nozzle actually fit into the fuel opening) From the filling station I drove across the street and stopped the vehicle, realizing then what I had done.
The car has not been started or driven since. How do I remove all the fuel from the tank. I'm 150 miles from a Saab mechanic.
Category: Saab
Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello John

there are specialist serivces to cope with this sort of thing but if your're tackling it yourself then I'd start be siphoning all the fuel out of the tank

as a slightly less messy alternative you can use the vehicle fuel pump to empty the tank

If you locate the injector rail thats fed with the flexible fuel line and remove the fuel line and extend it into a vessel then locate the fuel pump relay in the under dash fusebox and bridge terminals 87 & 30 in the relay socket to run the pump all the time and so empty the tank