peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2000 saab 9-3 and the convertible top will not go

Customer Question

I have a 2000 saab 9-3 and the convertible top will not go back up. We took it to a GMC dealership to see what code appeared and they have no way of checking it . What options do I have.
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the check soft top cover indicator goes off when trying. we have never had a issue with the top. you can hear the pump pickup then that's it. I know there are multiple sensors on the top.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you release the top to put it up manually?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
There are certain procedures to follow to diagnose this fault here.If the dealer will not access the procedures to test the fault this will need checked/tested by a repair facility that will or can test this.Most likely this is a position switch at fault causing this here needing replaced.
A scan tool is also used to monitor the top positions to help locate the fault.In the link below you will see what the scan tool will display for the switch/sensor signals.If the dealer cannot use their scan tool for this then this will need checked with a different scan tool or a repair facility that can check these signals.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0imd3mi9vx0dmb/li-08-17.gif?dl=0
I can also post some checks here if you want to see if you can do any yourself.Usually a GM dealer is the best option to look into this so if they cannot you might check to see if another GM dealer will do this as in some cases they may not want to look at this fault.
Thanks Pete