Mark N
Mark N, Saab Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience on all models of Saabs!
22700663

I am having a problem with my 1999 93 Saab's power steering.

Customer Question

Hi , I am having a problem with my 1999 93 Saab's power steering. A couple months ago I took the car to SFO for a concert about 100miles or so. On my way back the power steering stopped working. My BF buddy thought it was the power steering pump and replaced it.
Around 100 miles later the I had the same problem, so a new high pressure hose was put on it but it still didn't work because something happened to the pump again, so I had to replace the pump again. Now it still wont work can you think of something we could have missed.
which worked for about 100miles before it did the same thing
Category: Saab
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

You need to take it in and have your rack and pinion checked more then likely that's what your problem is

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me a ball park figure as to what that may cost me? My boyfriends buddy does not think the car was worth fixing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me a ball park figure on how much that may cost me?