peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a customers 99 Saab 9-5 that acts like the TWICE is

Customer Question

I have a customers 99 Saab 9-5 that acts like the TWICE is intermittently acting up...95% of the time, cranks no start....after I reprogrammed the immobilizer (with tech II), IT STARTED THEN DIED. Sometimes the key-in alarm stays on even with the key out
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
With the issue with the key in alarm going off with no key in it and the intermittent crank no start issue this sounds more like a possible fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I would have this tested further to see if this is the cause here and replaced if found to be at fault.
Thanks Pete