sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2000 Saab 9-3 had trouble code p0722. I replaced both

Customer Question

My 2000 Saab 9-3 had trouble code p0722. I replaced both speed sensors on the transmission and took it for a test drive.
The check engine &strand light still come on.
What else could it be?
Category: Saab
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!
P0722 sets when the vehicle is moving but there is no signal from the transmission output speed sensor. If the sensor has been replaced, assuming the replacement is good, then the problem is going to be connections or wiring. It could be the trans controller but that isn't likely.
Take a close look at the sensor connector and terminals to make sure there is no damage. If ok then the two wires from the sensor to the TCM will need to be tested for continuity and for shorts to power or ground. Odds are one of the wires is open or has high resistance and is preventing the signal from reaching the TCM.