peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I backed my Saab 2006 97x 4.2 automatic into my driveway.The

Customer Question

I backed my Saab 2006 97x 4.2 automatic into my driveway.The next day it started fine, but when I put the console shifter into what is drive it wouldn't move. It seemed disconnected and stays in Park on the instrument panel. I had done the usual brake, pushed in shifter button and pulled shifter back into drive. Have never had any problems of this sort and have 130,000 miles on it. I am fairly competent both mechanically and electrically. I checked the tran fluid (fine) and fuses(fine). What is wrong?
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Inspect the transmission to see if the shift lever is moving when the shifter is moved.If it is not this can indicate the shifter cable itself is at fault needing replaced which is most common.If this is all o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete