Mark N
Mark N, Saab Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience on all models of Saabs!
22700663

Saab 93: Is there any way to reset The sid on a 2004 saab

Customer Question

Is there any way to reset The sid on a 2004 saab 93? It may be burned Out? I received a jump on my car, now the checking system light just stays on. It never completes rhetorically checking of the system. if the sid is burnt out, how much is a fair price to replace It?
Please advise?
Category: Saab
Expert:  nabilc replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
The SID receives and checks info from other systems in the vehicle. In your case, some of the other systems seems to be not communicating properly with the SID. It still can be damaged, but first other checks are needed.
In your case, i would first have the car checked using a GM scan tool (called a tech ii), to try and reset the other systems, and then see if the SID starts working again. Would you be able to do that, and get back to me with the results, so we proceed as needed?