Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30+ years experience. Former shop owner, service manager.
2947720

Saab 9-3 Aero: how do change my running light?

Customer Question

how do change my running light?
Category: Saab
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today..Rear? Is it a 4 door or 5?Do you want to change the assembly or just the bulb(s)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5 door wagon, just the bulb passenger side
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
I see, thanks
.
I have the instructions in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0h3j3qct3tc2t0/Light%20Cluster.pdf?dl=0
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the front running light not the back this is the wrong pdf.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
I see, sorry. You didn't say no when I asked "rear"? So I assumed it was the rear.
.
Let me get that for you. BRB
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
I have the instructions for the front bulb in a PDF file at this link, thanks.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcgkrprtr897t8f/Front%20bulb.pdf?dl=0. Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the pdf looks like the headlamp and not the small running light in the front of the car? I'm not satisfied with the answer so far.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Let's start by getting the correct light in question. Since there actually isn't a 'running' light. What is the location of the bulb in reference to the front of the vehicle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is the headlamp... then the next light to the center of the vehicle called a running light on the dash trouble message...
the bonnet behind it is a soft rubber cover.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
I see, thanks. Do you see it in this picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's the bulb on the inside left
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
I thought so. That is actually in the headlight assembly. Just on the side and the soft cover has to just come off to replace the bulb. The same procedure as in the PDF file, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do you get this bulb out
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
When you take the cover off do you see the bulb?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes the back of the harness
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
That is all the information that I have on it, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it..**** PLEASE REMEMBER THAT A BAD RATING WILL NOT GIVE YOU AN AUTOMATIC REFUND ***** *******YOU CAN ALWAYS GET A REFUND WITHOUT RATING THE ANSWER AS BAD OR THE SERVICE AS POOR ******** ..