peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Saab 900 SE Turbo: Is there anyway to program a 1997 Saab

Customer Question

Is there anyway to program a 1997 Saab 900 ACC so that it doesn't automatically come on when the car is started or set it for a specific fan speed etc?
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Something like this being done would require special programming through a dealer and the dealer would usually need to contact their tech support to see if it is even possible to have this done at all.You can also check with an auto accessory install facility as sometimes they can reprogram components as well but I don't think there is any options out there to disable this feature.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I started looking a little deeper into this since it wasn't getting a response and found that if you press the up fan and econ buttons together, after entering the way you want the system to start up, it saves it (I just set it to "off"). So this can just be closed down at thus point.

O.k.,if you need anything else in the future let me know.
Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete