Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Saab Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Saab 95: Unable to get my saab started change plugs ignswitch

Customer Question

Unable to get my saab started change plugs ignswitch gas filter cranksensor now a code p1460, how do i get that code solve
Category: Saab
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.The 1460 code is a immobilizer code, this is why the vehicle will not start, the fuel and spark is not activated by the ECU. The ECU has to be reset using a tech 2 scan tool, this is the only way to get around thisRead more: http://www.justanswer.com/saab/968t5-saab-95-1999-saab-95-2-3l-turbo-car-wont-start-little-gas.html#re.v/173/#ixzz3easmZe00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike i just ordered a remanufactured ecm will that solve my problem
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes that will cure the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok do i have to get it flashed to the car or is it a plug and play
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You can have it flashed to the vin number before ordering it depending on the place you are buying it from. If it does not come pre-flashed then it will need to be programmed to the vehicle after install.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got a number is ***** your number if so is it ok to call you in about an hr when i get home
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
What is the # ***** you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***********
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes. That one will work. You can rate the answer positive for me, and then call me later.