Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Saab Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Saab 95: 1999 saab 95 2.3l turbo car wont start a little gas

Customer Question

1999 saab 95 2.3l turbo car wont start a little gas in troutle body and runs for a few secondsi have change cluster fuel filter crank sensor and plugs am getting a code p1460 I also change ign switch please help
Category: Saab
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The 1460 code is a immobilizer code, this is why the vehicle will not start, the fuel and spark is not activated by the ECU. The ECU has to be reset using a tech 2 scan tool, this is the only way to get around this.
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you.
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need further assistance, thank you.